Surinder Singh Mann, better known as Sharry Mann, is a Punjabi singer, writer, and actor. He came into the limelight after his Punjabi song “Yaar Anmulle.”
Sharry Mann was born on 12 September 1982 (age 36 years; as in 2018) in Mohali, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Virgo. His hometown is Ghall Khurd, Firozpur, Punjab.
He did his schooling from Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sr. Sec. School, Chandigarh and went to Rode Lande College, Moga to pursue his graduation in Civil Engineering. Sharry was not so good at studies in his school days. He was good at sports and used to be a part of his school’s cricket team. When Mann was in college, he used to mimic Gurdas Mann and various other Punjabi singers. After listening to his mimicry, one of his professors advised him to sing in his own style. Sharry, then, left his Engineering midway and started working on his music career. He was first noticed when his track ‘Kudiyan Te Bussan’ got leaked on the internet. He did a number of part-time jobs to finance his musical career.
Height (approx.): 5’ 6”
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 41″, Waist 34″, Biceps 12″
Family, Caste & Wife
Sharry Mann belongs to a Sikh Family. He is the son of Balbir Singh and Harmel Kaur. He has an elder sister, Babbu, and a younger brother, Navtej Mann.
Sharry Mann is married. However, there is no information available about his wife.
Sharry Mann started his singing career in 2010 with the music album “Yaar Anmulle” containing 14 tracks. His track, Yaar Anmulle became a huge hit and earned him wide popularity. In the same year, he won the PTC Punjabi Music Award for Best Male Debut. Next, he sang “Pooja Kiven Aa” from the Punjabi film ‘Jatt & Julliet’ which won him an award for the most popular Punjabi song in 2012. The next year, his album “Aate Di Chiri” was awarded the Best Album of the Year by PTC Punjabi Music Awards. He also won the most popular star of the year for his songs. Subsequently, he released a number of hit songs including “Kalla Chann,” “Hashtag,” “Vaddaa Bai,” “Dil Da Dimaag,” “3 Peg,” “Vadda Bai 2,” “Saade Aala,” “Hostel,” and “Cute Munda.” Sharry has also penned many popular Punjabi songs like “Dil Da Dimaag,” “Carrom Board,” “Vadda Bai,” and “Hashtag.”
Sharry Mann made his acting debut in 2013, with the Punjabi film “Oye Hoye Pyar Ho Gaya.” The film did not perform well but his acting was praised by the audience. Next, he appeared in the film “Ishq Garaari.”
- In October 2015, Sharry Mann went into a war of words with the Punjabi singer, Jazzy B. It all started when Sharry Mann wrote a post on his Facebook account in which he praised Raaz Kaur for her poetry. In his post he also took a dig at Jazzy B for obscenity served in his Punjabi songs. Jazzy B responded to it by asking clarification on his “Kalliyan Da Baadshah” Comment. However, Mann later deleted his post and apologised for his act.
- In January 2018, Sharry’s name and mobile number appeared during a raid at an immigration firm, Seabird International Private Limited in Mohali, following which, a summon was issued to him by the Enforcement Directorate.
- Food: Saag, Makki Roti, Bhindi, Omelette
- Singers: Gurdas Maan, Babbu Maan, Miss Pooja
- Colours: Black, Blue
- Sport: Cricket
- Movies: Angrej, PK
- Actor: Babbu Mann, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan
- Actress: Preity Zinta
- Holiday Destination: Melbourne
- Accessory: Goggles
- Goggles Brand: Rayban
- Comedian: Bhagwant Mann
- His hobbies include cooking, reading books, and listening to music.
- Sharry Mann shares a great bond with Punjabi singer, Parmish Verma.
- Sharry supports the Aam Aadmi Party.
- He is very fond of dogs.
- He got his nickname “Sharry” from one of his school teachers who use to call her students from a short name.